Monday, December 19, 2005

A Weekend in the Life of an Arachnophobic

The other day my mother and I were driving down the road in her car, headed out to a Christmas get together with some of her friends, when terror struck!

Feeling the need to primp, I had pulled down the passenger side visor to look at myself in the visor's mirror. Upon pulling it down, I could have sworn I felt something fall down onto me. At first I looked around but failed to sight anything. Then, however, I found what I did not want to find -- a big, furry black and white spider (which just happened to be alive) resting right in between my legs and happily staring me in the face!

Panic set in! I frantically began wiggling around like a wounded snake, trying not to scream which I figured could have caused my mom to have a wreck. The evil looking spider then fell into my seat as I began holding myself up off of the seat, ready to hop into the back seat. All the while my mom was laughing at me. I managed to hit the spider with my wallet and it disappeared. At this point, my mom and I had reached our destination. I quickly jumped out of the car and my mom, not a bit afraid of spiders, got out of the car and inspected the situation in the passengers side area.

The spider was pronounced dead at the scene. Legs were everywhere. I had killed it with my wallet (which I later cleaned). I felt kind of guilty for murdering it, especially around the holiday season, so I said a nice prayer for it in my head. Come to think of it, that spider was probably more afraid of me than I was of it!

Oh well. Then, yesterday morning, just thinking the horror was over, I sat down at the breakfast table for breakfast and felt something crunchy on my leg. What was it? Well, it wasn't the crumbs from my food. No. It was the delicate, brown carcus of a deceased spider! I quickly lost my appetite. What is my deal with spiders this week? What's next? Ah!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to this. My teacher friends and I were all sitting at a table. All of a sudden, the girl across from me just went blank and just pointed and hummed. I looked at the girl beside me and she was scooting back from me and the other girl just started hitting my shoulder. The whole time I'm freaking out because no telling what their trying to hit. I soon found out it was a big black fury spider. It gave me the chills. YUCK!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home