Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Night Before Christmas?

This is just a random poem I wrote. It has nothing to do with me or anyone else I know. Sometimes I just think up weird things (stories, scenarios) in my head and then write about them! Enjoy!

"The Night Before Christmas?"







‘Twas the night before Christmas,
or at least I thought so,
when I waited for Santa
to come in from the snow.

I’d offer him cookies
and maybe some milk too.
If he didn’t want them,
I’d see what else I could do.

The hours flew by
and still he hadn’t shown.
Was this some sort of joke?
I felt so alone.

Then suddenly, in the chimney,
there arose such a clatter.
I went to check it out
to see what was the matter.

What happened next?
I’m not really sure.
I somehow awoke
to the words “There’s no cure.”

Something was wrong,
things just didn’t seem right.
As it turned out,
Christmas eve wasn’t that night.

In a room I was put
where the walls were padded.
A nurse called me “schizo,”
and said I was “combative.”

I don’t understand why
they let me believe
Christmas eve was that night.
Heavens! Now I just want to leave!

By. Holly H.

2 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

Nice. Nice.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thanks y'all!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home