Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Guest Author #1: Candice Tomancak

I am starting a new thing on my blog where I'll occasionally have entires from "guest authors". So, I have asked a few people to be guest authors -- to write anything, on any topic -- and will ask more people, maybe you, to be guest writers down the line. Most of those I asked this time do not have blogs, that I know of. Whatever the case, I am interested to see who I can get to be guests in the future. Maybe I'll ask President Bush... haha ;).

The first guest author is a dear friend of mine, Candice Tomancak. Candice and I go way, way back -- back to the days when we played little league softball together. She is currently a pre-law student at a really cool university I am familiar with.

Candice is an excellent, intellectual writer whose poetry I always look forward to reading. In fact, she has written me a poem or two for my birthdays in the past, which was cool. So, here I present her submission...

"The Sands of Time"

Careless and free
I glide through the air
Pushing through my thoughts
Past a place of loneliness

Distortion sets in
While I try to understand
The recent events
That have come and gone

On the outside
A smile hides my pain
Of what my life is
And what it should be

On the inside
I torment myself
Wondering how to reach
A place of forgiveness

To heal my heart
And mend the broken paths
My life has taken
Through an endless maze

In this moment
Time stands still
Waiting for me
To awaken from its grasp

In the distance
A ray of light
Shines brightly above
Beckoning my presence

Staring straight ahead
My eyes fixed on hope
Knowing I have the strength
To carry on

Written by. Candice Tomancak

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece Candice! :D

Hey Holly.....I wrote a poem about McDonalds once...

11:50 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I agree. This was absolutely beautiful, Candice! You are a remarkable poet. :)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home