Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hmm...

Today was my first day of class for one class that I switched into. I like the class but I must say a little bit about my professor (hopefully you will get a kick out of this):

I could tell the professor was a bit unusual from the time she was calling roll -- the little things she'd say and do. Also, she had a big "Sonic" cup that I am beginning to wonder about. One should always be suspicious of what is in those things ;) ! Here is where it gets good: Class is three hours long. During class we are allotted one 15 minute break. Well, at the very end of our break, our professor comes into the room and pulls her pack of cigarettes out from her bag. She grabbed one or more of them out of the pack and then looked as if she were going to light up right there in the class room. Then, however, she began looking for her car keys and couldn't find them. She said, "Who took my car keys? Come on -- who has them (being sarcastic -- uuum, I'm pretty sure!)? If you have them I will beat you down!" So, after realizing they were not going to be found in the room, she said, "Well shit. I'm just gonna go smoke my cigarettes" and walked out.

So, finally she came back in the room and talked for another 20 minutes or so and then said, "Does anyone feel like taking another break??" as if she had wanted to take one herself. We, as a class said no -- no break. So, then she randomly gets to talking about the Bible. She goes way into depth and started talking to us about Paul/Saul and the books he wrote, etc. and even to who had Jesus put to death. It didn't seem to fit into the class content all that much, but it was fun to hear her talk.

By the end of the class we were told we needed to "Open ourselves to the universe and let the universe speak to us" in order to become great counselors. At first I thought it sounded whack, but now I suppose I see what she meant by it.

This should be an interesting semester!

You probably just should have been there.

4 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

HA HA! That is SOOOO freakin' hilarous! Can I get in there!? ;) You'll have to give me a more detailed account of this character! ;)

4:29 AM  
Blogger Ellison said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I was reading this! I can only picture this lady! I guess I probably find it really funny cause of the fun times you, me, Mel and Kim have had while "making costumes." You rock my world man! Have fun with this class!

9:57 AM  
Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

OH MY GOSH! "Making costumes!!!"....freakin' A, YES! HA HA HA!!

Gotta love it! ;)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Oh HECK YEAH!!!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home