Thursday, June 16, 2005

Totally Rude Customer Service

Last Friday, on the way to my internship, I stopped at a gas station near my home. This is the gas station I typically go to since it is the closest to me. Now, I've decided, I'm never going back there again. Allow me to explain...

I am not one of those technologically advanced people -- you've probably seen my cell phone (Let's just say some call it my "Zack Morris" phone) . So, I don't use any kind of gas cards/credit cards to pay at the pump when I get gas. I do it the old fashion way. Pay the cashier with cash.

When I pulled up to the pump on Friday and selected my fuel grade, I literally stood out there for a little over 10 minutes waiting for the clerk to start the pump; business there was VERY slow (aka. very few customers) and very slow service wise (aka. slow customer service). How ironic. Still, my pump hadn't been started yet. I watched as the clerk chatted and laughed forever with a friend/customer there inside the station. This made me a little upset because I was in a hurry and had been there over 10 minutes just waiting to get a measly $10.00 worth of gas.

Finally, I decided I would go inside and just ask if I could go ahead and prepay. I reasoned that maybe she had just gotten too busy talking and didn't notice I was out there (even though she had started the other person's pump). Whatever the case, this would speed things up. So, I said very nicely, "Hi, I was just wondering if I can go ahead and prepay for my gas?" Then she clicked the button and switched the gas pump on and said, "Noooo honey you can't prepay" in a VERY whiny, sarcastic tone with a smart look on her face. She said, "YOU should have waited until I started the pump." Grrr! Trying not to complicate the matter, I didn't bother to tell her how long I had been waiting there for her to actually pay attention and START the silly pump.

So, she makes me go all the way back out, pump my gas, and then come back in again to give her my money. When I handed it to her she rolled her eyes, put a fake smile on her face, and said, "Oh GOOD!" (and that was it -- no "have a nice day" or "bye bye" or anything following that). I was furious and she knew I wasn't happy.

I am never going back there again. First off, that is lousy customer service. One should never say something like, "WELL, if YOU had just done this and not THAT..." to a customer. I don't usually get so mad like that but she really set me off. She had no excuse for treating me the way that she did.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason the idea of you being mad... just totally escapes me.

I am sorry that you had such crappy service. That is never fun :(.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home