Monday, May 23, 2005

"Desperate Housewives" Rocks!

ABC has got two of my favorite shows (which just ended for the season). One is Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (which, no lie, makes me cry every time) and the other is, of course, Desperate Housewives. When I first heard of the show, I have to admit that I thought it sounded like something I wouldn't be interested in -- but I was quite wrong!

The show is narrated by "Mary Alice," a former "Desperate Housewife" who had mysteriously taken her life when the show began. Gradually, the mystery unfolds. Through the death of Mary Alice, the young women in the neighborhood come together as one (well, most of them do). They come together as one incredibly desperate group of housewives who are each desperate for something in their lives (maybe desperate for men, for a happy family, for happiness in general, for success).

One thing I especially like about this show is that each episode does not necessarily have a "happy ending." Instead, it keeps one thinking -- wondering what could possibly happen next. This season's finale especially illustrated this (I won't ruin it for you in case you have it recorded and haven't gotten to watch it yet).

My ultimate favorite part of each episode is when Mary Alice speaks her words of wisdom [from the "other side"] relating to the episodes events. Like this:

"Nothing is forever and the time comes when we all must say goodbye to the world we knew. Goodbye to everything we had taken for granted. Goodbye to those we thought would never abandon us. And when these changes finally do occur, when the familiar has departed and the unfamiliar has taken its place, all any of us can really do is to say hello and welcome."

It's a great show. I totally recommend watching it next season!

P.S. I can't end this post without mentioning one more thing that makes me happy about this show. Two words... "The Gardener" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home