Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Recent Thoughts & Occurances: Part III

  • Last night my brother told me a very disturbing story about my cat (his old cat). Apparently it got in a fight once with another cat and scratched the other cat's eyes out. That's just scary. I don't like thinking about the fact that there is a potentially violent 4-legged creature roaming around in my apartment (especially while I sleep)!
  • Today I began "round one" of interviews for my summer internship at a local hospital. I hope I get it! I've already been approved for it by one person. Anyway, it will be a lot of responsibility (more than just a desk job -- though they did say I'd get my own desk... hee hee... we'll just have to see if I get the internship first of all).
  • Some of my duties would be helping with discharge planning, helping to conduct psychosocial assessments of clients, doing various jobs in the neo-natal intensive care unit, working with post-partum depression, helping with adoptions, attending support groups, accompanying the director to staff meetings, etc.
  • I worry that I'll get lost a lot in that place. It's big!
  • And I will have to take an elevator everyday. Man -- that dang thing was soooo slow and I was in it all alone. Do cell phones work from elevators incase the elevator phone doesn't work? Probably not. I need to know these things!
  • Other than that, things are okay I guess.
  • Oh, and it was kinda cool that the social workers wore white doctorish jackets there!
  • Another one of Saint Malachy's (1094 a.d.-1148 a.d.) Papal Prophecies appears to have been fulfilled yesterday with the election of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI). What was the latin motto given to him by Malachy? It was "Gloria Olivae," meaning "The Glory of the Olive." Ratzinger chose the name "Benedict XVI" in honor of Saint Benedict. The Order of Saint Benedict is also known as the "Olivetans." Remember "Glory of the Olive"? Oddly, too, this Order has, for centuries, claimed that this pope (the supposed pope at the beginning of the tribulation) would be from their ranks. Hmm. I am not sure if Ratzinger is a member of The Order of Saint Benedict, though Brian Williams of NBC news, I believe, announced that Ratzinger indeed is a member, but whatever the case he chose the Benedictine name. Oh well, it's all interesting.
  • Part II of the movie "Revelations" comes on in 10 minutes!
  • I wish I spoke Spanish. All I know is "Hola!" (okay, maybe a wee bit more than that).
  • Today I went to Old Navy and bought a new pair of jeans and... I liked them in the store but now that I look at them more closely I am like "What the heck was I thinking?" Oh well, I got a cool dressy-shirt and a sweet pair of khaki pants. They have some good sales right now... dressy shirt, dressy pants, a pair of jeans: $56.00 -- I am going back for more soon.
  • I might add more to this post later tonight. So, keep an eye out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cell phones sometimes work in elevators depending on where the elevator is, and how strong your signal is. but if all else fails...ride the elevator with a cute boy =)

--Tricia the Great

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home