Sunday, February 27, 2005

I Got into the Wrong Car Today!

Today, after finishing up some work at the library, I had quite an embarrassing moment (actually more like scary).

I walked out to the parking lot to the general spot where I knew I had left my car. With my mind on other things (such as the huge research paper I have due next monday), I did the usual and used my key to open up the door, the door opened, I got inside and then I noticed it strangely smelled like cigarettes... Yep, definately wasn't my car! It was the same color, make, model, and everything.

As soon as I realized this, I jumped out as quickly as possible and then came to realize that another car just like mine (that infact WAS mine) was parked one spot down, hidden by the car next to me!

I was embarrassed yet more scared. I hope someone didn't see me and think I was breaking in. Also, I hope even more than that that I didn't leave anything in the car (which I doubt)... I was so shocked at what I had done that I didn't even think about anything else but getting out of the car! lol!

Also, I am still confused as to whether my key worked in their key hole or whether maybe their car had already been unlocked. If it was the first one, I am mad! heh.

AND... when I told my parents what I did, they told me that my dad once did the same thing except he actually drove off in the persons car! Phew... praise the Lord for the smell of tobacco!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Haha! That's great!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Holly! That is so weird! and scary!

Josh's key for his house used to unlock the door to my house. He accidently tried it once, without thinking, and it worked! I couldn't unlock his house with my key though. We've since had our locks changed. ;) Suzie

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really funny! That happened to my cousins at Sing Song once. They got the keys from their parents (because they were walking too slow) and they ran ahead and jumped in what they thought was their mom's car. It wasn't! They saw a tv when they got in and they were like "when did we get a tv?" Oops!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home