Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wanna Chill With Me Over Spring Break?


Spring Breakin' It!

Now is the time for me to begin planning something to do over spring break this year. In the past, I enjoyed going to my hometown and being a couch potato the entire time. Now, however, realizing that I am not going to have a summer vacation, I would really really like to do something with my life this spring break -- something different (though I'm sure it won't compare to Dustin's Carribean Cruise over spring break -- or will it?). Any suggestions?

My spring break is: March 14-20th

Some ideas I have:

  • Big Bend National Park -- http://www.nps.gov/bibe/ -- "One of the largest and least visited of America's national parks."
  • San Antonio -- The Alamo, The River Walk, no need to explain further
  • Saledo -- Just to stop in for a short visit. It's a cute little town near Temple, TX that is home to some cool bed & breakfast places, cute little shopping places, and this totally awesome place, I think it is called "The Stage Coach Inn," that is an old hotel where Robert E. Lee often liked to stay -- it is now a cool restaraunt.
  • South Padre Island -- Been talking about this off and on for a long time -- but I don't know what the weather would be like there in March -- too cold? or just right?

Some problems I have:

  • If some of you wanna go on one or more of these cool little adventures with me, we would need to work out the travel situation. I'd gladly take my car except for the fact that it has a very bad oil leak and also needs a new muffler. My dad will throw a hissy fit if he learns that I am taking it all over the place -- and it's just not worth upsetting the source of my financial aide. However, I am praying he doesn't find out I am taking it to Abilene this weekend.
  • We could take someone elses car (all chipping in for gas, of course) or else just rent a car.

So, let me know if you are interested. I can guarantee it would be quite fun just getting to hang out! Also, I figure I'd better do this now before all the rest of you are married and taking "family" trips! hee hee. If none of this works out, maybe I'll go visit my sister in Ohio. I hear it's beautiful there in the spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home