Saturday, April 02, 2005

Recent Thoughts & Occurances: Part 2

  • My younger brother stayed with me this week. Last night, it was so funny. I was on the computer in here and he came in here, after getting out of the bathroom, to tell me something. Just seconds later, we heard my roommate go into the bathroom and close the door. Suddenly my brother got this very concerned look on his face. I said, "What's wrong?" and he said, "I can't remember if I flushed the toilet." LOL! So, a few seconds later the bathroom door opened and my roommate stuck her head out and said "Did somebody have a problem in the bathroom?" Embarrassed, my brother said, "Oh crap! I am SO sorry about that" (after trying to deny it at first and blame it on me, of course) and went in there and flushed it. My roommate should have stopped asking questions right then and there (since that kinda thing can be a rather touchy subject) but then she asked him, "Why was there so much toilet paper in there?" LOL... Well, he DID just go to the bathroom in it and sometimes people DO wipe.
  • Bless Terri Schiavo, The Pope, and all the others in the world who passed away this week.
  • I actually understand a little bit about conclave and the process of electing a new Pope thanks to recently having read Dan Brown's book, "Angels & Demons." It is a very serious deal. Constant monitoring for bugs (not insects) in the chapel. No Cardinals can return to their homelands, nor have contact with the outside world (as in a large jury trial), until a new Pope has been elected (I think it has to be a 2/3 majority vote). They must carefully elect the next man to lead the world's largest Christian denomination. I cannot even fathom having such a responsibility as the Pope's. Imagine being THE person leading the world's LARGEST Christian denomination!
  • Hearing the bells toll across Vatican City right now in announcing the Pope's death is an eerie, yet peaceful, piece of history to witness (thanks to tv).
  • Speaking of tv, today I watched a little of the NASDAQ-100 Open tennis tournament (Clijsters vs. Sharapova). Lately I've thought about posting flyers up here in the complex I live in, and maybe at school, saying I am looking for a person to play tennis with occasionally. Is this a bad idea? I would hope someone would respond that has at least picked up a racket before. Oh well. I am not even sure I'd be motivated to stick with playing anyway.
  • Also, I need to post flyers for the computer scanner I have for sale. Anyone need a nice new, never been used, computer scanner that stands? Yeah, didn't think so. I would use it but I already have a scanner.
  • Today I was informed that I am nowhere near as messy as my sister [was, and maybe is]. That makes me happy.
  • My mom has her total knee replacement surgery this tuesday. She'll be in the hospital, right down the road from me, until around friday. Apparently it's a major operation. They will be cutting her whole knee out and putting a new, artificial one in. It will be good for up to 10 years. Immediately following surgery, they will have to place an electronic device on her knee that constantly bends her leg up and down. This prevents blood clotting - which is not too uncommon with knee surgery. Anyway, I've got to come up with a cool gift to give her. Any suggestions?
  • Why is it that I tend to worry about things the most when I am laying in bed?
  • Early this morning, I checked the headlines on my favorite news website. The photograph on the front page was of some people standing outside in Vatican City praying for the Pope. I noticed there is a stange image of an angel/ghost standing near the people that are praying. Also, up close, it looks somewhat like Jesus. The picture does not look to be edited to have a "ghost" put there. I e-mailed the site, which doesn't respond to individual e-mails, to ask them if that picture was edited to look that way. I was hoping they'd make an exception and respond but they haven't. If you want to see it, let me know!
  • Well, that's all for now. I may update this later on today after I have reached my goal of finishing my part of the PowerPoint presentation (over "[Interventions for] Children & Adolescents Greiving from the Loss of a Loved One"... really wish we'd shorten the title... lol) that I am supposed to e-mail my group members.
  • Oh, one more thing, I had a fun April Fool's day this year! Hee Hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home