Sunday, June 12, 2005

Smart People Do Dumb Things, Too!

Yesterday my cousin and I had quite the experience at Sonic...

My cousin and I got together in the late evening to go see the movie "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," which is supposed to be pretty good. On the way to the movie we decided to stop at Sonic to get some burgers to sneak into the theater with us (you know theater food, it's sooo expensive!).

Well, we pulled up to the little stalls at Sonic where people order. It was about 9:50 p.m. We had 20 minutes until the movie was to start -- plenty of time. So, we decided what we wanted and got our change together and all that jazz. Well, it was taking forever for them to get our food out to us and we were beginning to get pretty angry with the lousy serivce. However, the place was crowded so we figured that was probably the reason. So, we waited, and waited. Finally, at one point, we got a pizza box out of the back of my car, opened it, and pretended like we were eating pizza. We figured that when the waitress girl walked up we would say, "We ordered a pizza while we were waiting on our food to come out,"... [hee hee hee]

Well, it came to be 10:10 p.m. and we were still there. We had missed our movie! That service was ridiculous -- we had been there a little over 20 minutes. So, we sat there for a few more minutes when, suddenly, a thought occured. I said to my cousin, "We did order our food, right?" and she looked at me for a while and then said "Yes;" and I agreed that we had. However, we got to thinking about it more and decided that we really couldn't remember if we had ordered our food. lol. So, we began laughing at the thought of it. So, fearing the worst, I did what anyone else would have probably done -- I pressed the little red order button for service...

A girl answered and, feeling really stupid, I said, "Hi, I can't remember if we ordered our food." Surely they must have thought we were high or something. ha ha. So, the girl said, "Uuh, you can't remember if you ordered your food?" I said that was correct. Then she went on to tell me that we hadn't ordered and she laughed. So, I ordered (even though my cousin wanted us to get out of there and spare us any further embarrassment). FINALLY -- we got our food! Though we did try to go to another movie we eventually decided to just rent one. Boy, what a funny, funny time we had last night!

I pray such a thing never happens again -- and I think I'll stay away from that Sonic for a while!

5 Comments:

Blogger nothing_but_coke said...

Growing up in a small town there was never anything to do but cruise sonic and go the movies. So, we went to sonic all of the time...every friday and saturday night. We used to call tater tots, tater tits...dumb I know. Anyway..not too long ago my best friend from high school was over and we went to the sonic close to my house and without thinking she ordered a burger and some tater tits. We died laughing and so did the girl that took our order. My friend was really embarrased when our food came out.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly...you crack me up! That is so something I would do! Have a fabulous day!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe, that made me laugh! Hope you're doing well! Suzie

7:05 PM  
Blogger Tanton said...

This is hilarious, my wife said she's done this before too!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Wow, that's reeeeeally funny! But hey, don't worry about it Holly--with technology these days Sonic should totally be able to read your minds and get your order.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home