Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Long Road (To Dry Hair)

Difficult times in life are, in a sense, like blowdrying one's hair. You've spent a great deal of your morning in the shower, preparing for another day. You get out of the shower and then subconsciously think to yourself, "I've still gotta blowdry my hair. Damn it, I absolutely hate blowdrying my hair!" But, deep down, you know you must do the deed (no, not THAT deed) if you are to do anything with your day.

Therefore, you pull out the dryer, flick it on, and sit there waving the thing back and forth over your head as if you're practicing to lead an orchestra. In the first few minutes, you feel as if you are never going to get through it. You've been blowdrying your hair, using all the motions you can think of - including bending over and flipping your hair (not quite the bend and snap) in a desperate blowdrying attempt - and yet your hair continues to be wet.

For a moment you begin to feel hopeless. You think - why? Why me? Why this freaking stupid thick hair? Then, suddenly, as if out of nowhere, you notice a little dry strand! A few more minutes pass and you notice it is even more dry. Finally, voila! You are done! Not only that, you know you think you look sexy and proceed to wink at yourself in the mirror!

In the end, all the shit you went through was worth it and you can finally see the end result. Do most people think this in-depth about the experience of blowdrying their hair? Probably not. In fact, one might argue that, on a much larger scale, people often forget to think that there is light (or dry hair) at the end of that long, long tunnell.

By. Holly H.

3 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

I hate blow drying my hair. I hate showering too (not saying that I don't do it...cuz I do, I just hate doing it). So like you said...once I've made myself shower and I get out, it almost feels like the agony is about to begin again since you've still gotta do the blow-drying thing.

Showers and hair are the pits. I'm off to do it right now (and no, not that it) ;)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Whelp pal, I hope you make it through it (and no, not THAT it)! ;)

hee hee hee

7:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hate blow drying my hair too. I wish you could just press a button and be done. After about 20 minutes of blow drying...I have 20 minutes of straightening my hair. Is it all worth it? I guess but it's soooo frustrating.

Holly you write the best blogs!!!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home