Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"The Gift of Flowers"

I've never been fond of flowers.
For, given as a gift, they are placed in a vase
And left to wither and wither away
Until they must be thrown away.
This seems so very cruel,
To give a gift that has such an ending.

But maybe it's not what it seems.
Maybe I choose what I see.

Lately I've come to appreciate flowers.
For, given as a gift, they are placed in a vase
And left to admire and teach us a lesson...
To value life, and its beauties, while we have it.
This seems so very wonderful,
To be given a gift that has such meaning.

Written by. Holly H.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice poem. relevant in me as i recently fell for someone and have to remind myself to njoy what there is and not worry about whether it is still there tomorrow.

jester

midnightjester.wordpress.com

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home