Saturday, April 15, 2006

"Good Goodbyes"








I know things cannot stay the same
In this life, in this ever changing game.
Yet when I think of saying “goodbye,”
A part of me slowly begins to die.

It’s not that I will not move on,
Or not that new horizons will not don.
It’s just the thought of something new,
And of saying goodbye to what I already knew.

Is there really such a thing as good “goodbyes,”
Or is it all lies? Nothing more than “badbyes”?
I don’t know, but I wish life were more clever,
In that all that’s good could simply last forever.

Written by. Holly H.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For poetry, check out http://wmrike.blogspot.com/

3:33 PM  
Blogger Shaheen Matuni said...

I like you poetry Holly! Keep it comin!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thank you all for your kind words! :)

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home