Sunday, November 07, 2004

Letter from a Prisoner: My Brother

This is a letter from my younger brother, Ben, who is currently serving time for drug-related theft:

10-31-04

Dear Holly,

How are things going there? I am doing good here. I am not going to Corpus Christi as I first thought. I will be going to Freeport, TX instead. Freeport, from what I hear, is a small gulf coast fishing community with a population of about 13,000 people or so. It is 60 miles south of Houston and about 40 or so miles west of Galveston. I am kind of disappointed that I will be going to a small town but it beats being locked up. Anyways, how is Ellie doing? It is sure a big responsibility owning a pet. I hope Ellie is being a good dog. Besides that, I am sure I can get my probation transferred to another county. I don't want to go to Cleburne because there is really no opportunity there and I don't have my own transportation. It would be hard to try to find a job with no car. I want to go to a city if I can because there would be plenty of jobs and lots of transportation. Anyways, I got plenty of birthday cards from the family. I got cards from Mom, Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Jim, and Aunt Nancy and Uncle Paul, and even Patricia. I also got a letter from Patricia too. I can't wait to get out. I turned 21 but I will not drink alcohol ever. I am learning that I can have so much fun without drugs or alcohol. Well, I don't have much more to write so I will wrap this letter up. I hope your school is going well and I am sure proud that you are achieving your goals. Well got to go. Bye.

Love,

Ben

1 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

Awww....little sweet Ben Herr! That's cool to hear he is getting out on probation (at least that's how I seem to understand the letter). It sounds like he really looks up to his big sis (and he has every reason too). That's great!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home